z35W7z4v9z8w z35W7z4v9z8w

Basic Cutting Technique



I sometimes get asked to visit colleges in the area and give my opinions in various aspect of hairdressing.

I was recently invited to one of the college in the North West and sat in on a meeting with, heads of department, tutors, college lecturers, hairdressing staff and other business owners from the area. When the meeting was finished I popped in to a few classes to see old friends and other staff members from the college.

While talking to some of the staff I was noticed one of the hairdressing students who was cutting someone's hair, this student I was informed, was just finishing her NVQ level III, I noticed that her fingers when holding a section were very straight, in fact they were too straight.

The effect it was having on the haircut was to lose the natural head shape and make the haircut look hexagonal or like a 50 pence piece.

One of the methods I teach, is to visualise the haircut on the client and take into account their head shape, not just the face shape talked about on most college courses, but the actual head shape of the client. This will give you a better guide to how long to leave the hair on top, back and sides of your haircut, and give you the over all shape needed to create the particular haircut.

I try to get learners to envisage a common house hold light bulb as the main shape of a haircut, and use the roundness of the bulb shape, to help shape your haircut. If you do this it will also have the effect of rounding your fingers when taking your sections while cutting the hair.

So my tip for you is to round your fingers very slightly when cutting to improve the over all effect of your haircut.

For more hints and tips, check out: http://www.hairdresser-training.com/tips/

John Mc Loughlin  http://www.hairdresser-training.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/John_Mcloughlin/90773

No comments :

Post a Comment

type='text/javascript'/>